Wednesday 4 February 2015

Making wooden coasters with TPD stamps

Hello my dear crafty friends! Today I am going to share my wooden coaster (just one this time as I just had one wooden piece at home, but more will be done soon with other flower stamps from the same Two Paper Divas  set).



First I painted the bare wood with chalkboard paint. I love this translucent paint more than the regular black acrylic, but you sure can use acrylics for this project.
Then I stamped one flower from Seed Packet Flowers set 4 times on each corner with clear embossing ink and heat embossed with white super fine embossing powder.
The next step was coloring the flowers and I decided to use pearlescent paints from Creative Imagination Paints to get this  pearled shine over my finished coaster.
You need to cover it with sealer to use with water/hot cup. I didn't do it yet as taking photos of sealed glossy projects is mission impossible.


Hope you like my small altered stamped project.
You can  buy those lovely flower stamps in Two Paper Divas shop!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that you are doing non-card projects. We did cardboard coasters a few years back and it was fun to see these wooden ones. Thanks for sharing the instructions with everyone. Cute project, Irit!

Popular Posts