Hello my dear crafty friends!
This is my very first post made for Fab Scraps
team and as you will see all those posts have a full step by step tutorial and a full product list. So easy for all of you to make a very similar project if you just want too. For my first post I made a full mini album with my dear grandson's lovely studio photos (Credits to Limor Aharon)
Peek a Boo Baby mini album
Product list:Fab Scraps
Baby Bear Die-Cut Grey Chipboard Album 8.75"X8"DC57002
Baby Bear Double-Sided Cardstock 12"X12"C57003, C57007, C57008, C57004, C57002, C57005, C5
Peek-A-Boo 1.75"X6.75" DC57 005
Rocking Horse 2/Pkg, Up To 4"X3" DC57 009
Ducks 3/Pkg To 1.5"X2.25" DC57 011
Feet 2 Pair/Pkg, To 2"X2.5" DC57 012
Bib/Pin/Rattle/Circle Tags To 2.25"X2.7 DC57 013
Tag/Baby-T/Bottle/Name Band To 1"X7.5" DC57 014
Baby Bear Journal Pre-Cuts Packets, Each W/12 Designs MC57 001A
Baby Bear Invitation Pre-Cuts Packets Each W/6 Colors MCDC57 001A
Black, yellow and clear embossing powders (Wow! Embossing Powders)
Light blue ink, Dark brown ink (Clearsnap)
Clear embossing ink
Felt blue flower, round silver charm, scalloped bubbles, Scalloped Shape Studio tool (Epiphany Crafts)
Lace border punch (Martha Stewart)
Zipper brown trim (Maya Road)
Chipboard mirrors (TPC)
Lace, trims, ball chain, wooden button
Double sides glue, 3d foam glue
Heat embossing gun
How to make this project:
Making a cover page
1. Cover the film parts of the cover chipboard with Clear embossing ink, using a piece of leftover paper to cover the part of a spine we don't want to be heat embossed and a Baby title. Add Black embossing powder and heat emboss the inked page. Now cover the black embossed parts and make the same with Blue embossing powder over the Bear and Baby titles.
2. Make" Peek a Boo" title with the same technique; don't try to make it perfect. This is a vintage style mini album, so some bare chipboard can be seen on your title. Ink the spine with brown ink. Glue the thin lace over the spine. Glue the title over the cover page. Add the felt flower with a button added over it.
Making the main pages
1. Cover each and every inside page with Baby Bear collection's paper. Distress the edges and ink them with blue or brown inks. Make brown spines as we already made for the cover and glue the lace over each spine.
2. Trim your baby photos to fit the "windows" we have in this album. For page 1 trim one big photo and 3 small squares, glue a piece of zipper trim as shown and make 3 scalloped flowers with scalloped tool and bubbles; glue 3 flowers as shown.
3. For page 1 backside make 2 laced strips with border punch and glue them on the bottom of the page as shown. Add a piece of the same zipper trim and glue your photo. Cut the Rocking horse shape from Baby Bear Journal Pre- cut packet and glue over Rocking Horse large chipboard. Glue the Rocking horse as shown.
4. For page 2 heats emboss the large Feet chipboard with clear embossing ink and heat emboss with blue embossing powder. Use the circle tag from Baby Bear Invitations Pre- cuts packet, glue it over Circle tag from DC57 013 set. Add zipper trim and glue the photo. Punch the tag and tie a piece of lace over it. Add the embossed Feet and a Circle tag as shown.
5. Add the trim and a photo on page 2 backside. Make a scalloped tag with scalloped shape from Baby Bear invitations set and chipboard from DC57013 set, punch a hole and tie a lace over it. Add the tag over the photo as shown.
6. For page 3 heat emboss all 3 chipboard Ducks using clear embossing ink and yellow embossing powder. Cut a smaller photo to fit the window of page 2, add the trim and glue both photos. Add all 3 ducks on the bottom.
7. For the backside of page 3 glue a large photo, add the pre cut bottle and if you want you can add more embellishments (I used mirrors, but you can add whatever your want)
8. Page 4 is a last one of this album. Add the photo on the right upper corner to fit the window of page 3. Cover the big tag from Tag/Baby-T/Bottle/Name Band set with the similar shape from pre- cut shapes, ink the edges and glue it over a photo. This is a perfect tag for your journaling if you want to make some. I also added one more mirror over it for the interest.
I didn’t use the back page to place any photos also it was covered with a fancy paper.
Finish your album
Clear emboss the chipboard pin from Bib/Pin/Rattle/Circle Tags set with blue embossing powder and insert it into your binding ring. Make another scalloped flower with clear bubble over it and glue it over the silver round charm. Use a ball chain to connect the charm to your ring.
Tie some ribbons around the rings.
Enjoy your creation!