Last year I picked a word for my crafty life. The word was DARE.
I think I followed this word in my crafting and dared to try things I never did before. Some of those things were successful, some were less, but at least I tried hard to follow my path.
The only thing I didn't try last year was a real art journalling. I didn't even have a real journal to work with.
I have one now and today I want to share with you my very first art journal double spread with this so obvious title : DARE.
I am not sure if this is the way art journal should look, but it's my journal and my way of art expression, so I think I like it this way.
I made the background with lots of mediums, paper pieces, mesh, tapes and a lot of stencils used with texture paste.
I stamped with Rubber Dance background stamps and added the main sentiment using Think Again set.
The word Dare was made with stencil and black ink. The eyes are the main issue over this page: my vision of things I dared to try last 2014 year.
I used those " mute" pastel colors just for one major reason: I was afraid to make too many mistakes with dark colors. With light ones the repair is easy (some gesso and it's all done).
I really hope I am on the right way with my new art journal adventure.
Please be gentle with me! I dare, but I do make mistakes. We all do. And we grow within all own mistakes.
Rubber dance stamps used to make this project:
Think Again
Flourishes
Diamonds
Vintage Script
Friday, 30 January 2015
Art Journal with Rubber Dance and my 2014 word
Labels:
ALTERED,
art journal,
faber castell,
heat embossing,
paint,
Rubber dance,
stamping,
stencil,
Tando,
texture paste
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This box was a winner on Get sketchy sketch challenge- thanks!! This box made Top 3 at Die cuts r us challenge- thanks!! This box made Top 3...
-
Hello my dear crafty friends! Welcome to our Little Prince big BLOG HOP ! Please read the whole post as I HAVE A HUGE GIVEAWAY FOR YOU! ...
-
This card was published in DEC 2010 SNR issue This boot won the monochromatoc challenge on Whimsical ink sorority challenge blog- tha...
-
This work made Top 3 on Pocket full of posies wings challenge- thanks!! This work made Top3 spot on Elephantastic challenges- thanks!! This ...
-
This album was featured at Card of the week. com- thanks!! This album was October challenge winner on Creatalicious challenge blog- thanks!...
-
This card was one of the Pink elephant pink challenge winners- thanks!! OK- it's Valentine all over the web- I just don't have time ...
-
Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here today and I want to welcome to my new June post made for CAS- ual Fridays blog with their mos...
-
This work was published in August issue of Scrapstreet magazine This work had a honorable mention in Prima blog BAP April 2010 contest- than...
-
This tag was published in August 2010 issue of SNR magazine This tag was featured as an " extra special work" on Soarful challeng...
-
I am still in this Valentine mood and the web is still full of these love challenges- so I did this wall hanger using all these red and hea...



1 comment:
Beautiful. ..
Post a Comment