Thursday 17 May 2012

Bon Voyage card - so easy with TRC stamps

This card was published in SNR July 2012 issue
My new The Rubber Cafe card. So easy to make those Bon Voyage cards with those gorgeous vacation stamps.


So I used a compass stamp with masking technique (the mask was too thick, so we can see a bit of a " white space:, but I still like the result. I used a dark navy ink and clear embossing powder for the Compass. Then I stamped over the mask with Paris Nights Background , Turquoise ink and  a hear clear embossing again.
All paper products are from October Afternoon travel line and I made a sentiment with OA and MLS small letter stickers over my clustered stickers spot.
Then I added a jute RRR ribbon and stamped 2 post stamps - fantastic set of 4 from TRC, cut them around with old and never used decorative scissors.
A few more stickers and Handmade Halo shop embellishments  and my card is done.


 And now about  those so called stickers: they are non sticky at all. So I added TRC fantastic Scrap Happy Glue and now it stays on the place.
I remember this Tim Holtz words from the class I took with him: self adhesive stickers are  non- adhesive ones. So much true and  the perfect glue is so much needed after all.

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

I'm lovin' the postage trend you've got going in this card, Irit. If you haven't already done so, you should consider linking it up to the Postage Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Here's the link if you are interested: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/05/card-creations-week-postage-challenge.html

Popular Posts