Tuesday 24 October 2017

Song of Ice and Fire altered canvas






Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new Mixed Media canvas post.
 This pretty large canvas was made as a tribute to one of most favorite books- Song of Ice and Fire (also most of us know it as the most famous TV production named " The Game of Thrones").
I am a big fan of all things fantasy and SF and everything that maybe is not real, but makes me happy to watch or to read it.
So I made it for a couple of web challenges and you can see the challenges under the project photos.
As you can see it has the vintage Mixed Media background made with stencils, texture paste, Prima Mixed Media products , Tattered Angels  paints and mists.
Then I added the smaller altered canvas over the large one and then the tag was added with the chipboards ad trinkets cluster and the saying.
 Actually I used a lot of products over this canvas: painta, mediums, waxes, micro beads, silk and paper flowers, chipboards, metal pieces, cardstock die cuts, foil transfers, stencils, lace, chain, wires and even this fabolous jewelry ice drop on the front.
And I even used nver used old brads to make the grid background to look as the wooden pieces connected in this oldfashioned style.



I made this project for a couple of web challenges:
Favortie book for Canvas Corp- my inspiration came from old books with vintage looks, journal cover on the bottom and general colors.

Fantasy for Mixed Media and Art- my inspiration came from the theme and gold splashes and general fantasy look of this canvas.

7 comments:

Alicja said...

I like the way you used the colours :) Thank youfor joining us at CCB challenge.

Crafting Vicky said...

wow stunning canvas! It almost looks like metal pieces have been added!

Thank you so much for joining the challenge over at Canvas Corp Brand

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

Gorgeous canvas! So many delails and textures!Thanks from Canvas Corp Brands for joining us!

Charity said...

So many layers and distressing!

Marie/Mison said...

This is fab! Thank you for joining Canvas Corp Brands October Challenge.

juli_loves_paper said...

Thank you for playing along with Canvas Corp Brands-- I love it!!

Inna Bronnikova said...

Stunning canvas! Thank you very much for your participation in the challenge of MMA!

Popular Posts