Friday 8 September 2017

Your Fearless song art canvas

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Today I am going to share a large canvas that I made just for challenges.
Once or twice a month I take time to free myself from any DT job and I scroll the challenge blogs to find the themes that I love. Then I make a pretty large project and try to combine a few of these challenges.
So here is the first one for September and you should read a bit about this project to understand the concept.



As you can see I made a tribute to one of the most famous all time artists- Sir Elton John.
For a few last days/weeks there were a lot of TV shows that remembered  Princess Diana who passed 20 years ago.
So one of the things that made me to make this canvas was  Elton's version for " Candle in the wind" that he made for  Diana's funeral.
This canvas has a lot of items that are connected to his songs: you can spot the yellow brick road, the candle over the tags and even this English rose from Diana's version of the song.
The title says Create your fearless song and is actually his  all time most popular "Your song".



I made this page with different stencils from all possible companies.
The paper and stickers are from 7 dots.
The chipboards are also from a few companies, but mostly from Creative Embellishments.
The background stamps are from Unity.
And the paints? Whatever I had.
I really love the outcome of my love to this artist and even the photos were scanned from the CD covers that I own.
 I think that I would do some more art pieces in the same style and maybe John Lennon will be the next one.






7 dots- Favorite Artist


More than Words- Grungy and word Fearless



Journey for Scrapki-wyzwaniovo- and this is my artistic journey to my early years that  I make these days.
John Lennon will be the next canvas and so on.






36 comments:

Marci said...

WOW! How beautifully created! (Elton would love it for sure!) Thanks for joining us at CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS!

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Awesome creation. I especially like the colours with the mix of tones and what a great story!
Thanks for joining in at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.
Louise xo

Diana said...

simply WOWSERS....
i love the piece you created just to create. what an amazing tribute to one of my all time favourite artists as well. thank you so much for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Monthly!

Barbara said...

Amazing piece! The textures you created are spectacular and the whole design is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Tania said...

Wow what an awesome canvas, love the background texture and detail! Thanks for joining us at OTR :)

Evelyn Walter said...

Gorgeous tribute to this outstanding artist dear Irit!
I love the background and all the little meaningful embellishments.
I´m curious on your interprtation of John Lennon =)
Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges!
xx Evelyn

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Wow what a fantastic canvas. I just love everything about it and you sure did nail the steampunk. Thanks for joining in with us over at Off The Rails.

The Gov. said...

Wow, FAB canvas! Thanks for joining us at OTR!

SewPaperPaint said...

Such a cool collage! I love the colors and imagery. Hugs, Autumn

Sue said...

Irit this is wonderful, such a powerful piece! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a fun week. Sue xx

France Ringuette said...

What a stunning project, love all the textures, the colors and how you included your chipboards. Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments !

Elena Martynova said...

I really like this art canvas . Bright, alive, dynamic! Stunning setting for your photos!

Thanks for playing at 7 Dots Studio and So glad you could join us at More Than Words.

Trish.A said...

This is a beautiful interpretation of the challenge at Off the Rails, just stunning.

Laura Gilhuly said...

This is outstanding! Great textures! Thanks or joining us at Creative Embellishments!

Heather said...

such an inspirational piece. great details. Thank you for joining us at 7 Dots Studio and Creative Embellishments

Heather McMahon said...

What a wonderful tribute to such an incredible man. This is a really special project. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words.

Nicole Doiron said...

Holy WOW! That is one gorgeous canvas and such a fabulous tribute to a spectacular artist, musician and entertainer! I love it! Remember that in order to be eligible to win one of the prizes at More Than Words, you can only combine with 2 other challenges... but I am so happy that you were inspired by our challenge and that you shared with us!

Anguree Jansen Van Rensburg said...

Oh wow this is awesome. Great interpretation of the challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at More than Words xxx

Sandra Bernard said...

Love The mixte of colors!! Thanks for playing with us at 7dots studio challenge

Maggi said...

I love this for many reasons, love the colors you used. I am a big Elton John fan and I love how you used his song as inspiration for this great canvas!! Thanks for joining in our Creative Embellishments challenge.

nadya-drozdova.blogpost.com said...

Very beautiful and interesting project! Thank you for joining us at 7DotsStudio

K said...

You chose such a talented man! Great choice. And great project!
Thanks for playing along with us this month at 7 Dots Studio!

Lisa Amiet said...

Awesome layout!!

Claudia N. said...

A great tribute and project, Irit!
That background is superb!
Thanks for sharing this make with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia x

Sandra said...

Wow, this is amazing, and so clever to combine so many challenges. I love your mixed media work. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

Juliya Tirskaya said...

Amazing work!
Thank you for joining us at 7DotsStudio!

Krystle said...

I love the colors and textures you put on this canvas! Great project. Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

Anonymous said...

superbe hommage par cette réalisation ,merci de jouer pour notre défi Sandee & Amelie's
à bientôt Nate

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Wow I love your canvas so much. The background is just stunning. Thanks for joining in with us over at OTR

Mary Tzalla said...

Beautiful canvas! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words!

Unknown said...

Amazing piece! Love the textures, layering, and wording! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments September Challenge!

langeatheart said...

This is amazing!! I love your whole concept! I am a huge fan of Elton John and Princess Diana (she is my hero). You made a stunning piece. Sadly its as Nicole said we only allow two challenges per entry. Too bad cause I love, love, love this! All the best from MTW! )

Rosemary Hanson said...

such a vibrant thoughtful canvas! hits the steampunk theme really well too. Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

Truly amazing !! love your color combination !! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW..

talkis23 said...

Ammazing wow wow wow thanks for playing at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge this month!!!!!

kavitha said...

Beautiful.Thanks for joining us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo challenge!!

Popular Posts