Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my Inspired by Stamping new blog post.
Today I am going to share two shabby stamped tags that were made with Inspired by Stamping most gorgeous stamps , some chipboards , some Mixed Media techniques and a lot of color.
As you can see I used the die and the stamps from the latest IBS release.
And now a short tutorial for these tags.
I didn't do a full photo step by step tutorial, but for you can sure make the similar project with my no photo tutorial.
1. Use pre- made tags as I did or make yours own tags. Cover them with white gesso from any company you own and let it dry.
2. Use 4 different stencils with heavy gel medium and add texture over the tags. Try to make it more over the edges as the middle part wouldn't be seen on the finished tag.
3. Mist and paint the texture with a mix of Art Anthology sprays and paints. You sure can use any other company that you have. Try to stay in 2-3 colors only scheme.
4. Paint the chipboards (I used Scrapmatts, but again... You know. Use whatever you have) with the same paints as you did for the background and add a bit of gold over the dry painted chipboards.
Glue the chipboards over the tag.
5. Stamp the sentiment with black pigmented ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. (I used Memento Luxe and Wow! Embossing Powders for this step.). Cut the sentiment and glue it over the tag as shown. Add a bit of light color over the sentiment strip using the same mists from the previous step.
6. Die cut the sentiment from white thick cardstock - this will be the highlights base. Then die cut it again 3 more times from thick black cardstock and glue the three black layers over the white one.
Paint over the die cut with gold paint for highlights.
Glue the sentiment as shown.
7. Make flowers cluster and glue it over the tags. Add a bit of paints/white gesso over the flowers for the shabby look.
I hope that you liked my tags and my small tutorial.
Here are the products used from Inspired by Stamping site:
Smile stamp set
Hello my dear friends! Today I want to share a new layout made just for challenges. How about this? I really, actually made something out ...
Hello my dear crafty friends! Today I am going to share a large canvas that I made just for challenges. Once or twice a month I take time ...
This is my new altered canvas made for some web challenges. I covered the flat lower canvas with BBQ and Chinese food sticks all over and t...
Hello my dear crafty friends! Today I decided to share something that is totally different for me: Pocket scrapbooking double page spread...
Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here today and my project is actually a small tribute to my love of arts and as you can see from the ...
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new Mixed Media/Altered project made for Topflight Stamps shop. This time I made an alte...
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my second August BoBunny blog post. As my new BoBunny collection are still on the way to me (t...
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new Tando post. This is our Tag week and I made this Steampunk tag using Tando tag and a l...
Sometimes I make project in a totally " not my style". This one is one of these cards: shabby, lot of flowers on one single car...
Hello my dear crafty friends! My name is Irit Shalom and I am an Israeli designer. I am totally thrilled to be a DT member for Magenta ...