Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my Inspired by Stamping new blog post.
Today I am going to share two shabby stamped tags that were made with Inspired by Stamping most gorgeous stamps , some chipboards , some Mixed Media techniques and a lot of color.
As you can see I used the die and the stamps from the latest IBS release.
And now a short tutorial for these tags.
I didn't do a full photo step by step tutorial, but for you can sure make the similar project with my no photo tutorial.
1. Use pre- made tags as I did or make yours own tags. Cover them with white gesso from any company you own and let it dry.
2. Use 4 different stencils with heavy gel medium and add texture over the tags. Try to make it more over the edges as the middle part wouldn't be seen on the finished tag.
3. Mist and paint the texture with a mix of Art Anthology sprays and paints. You sure can use any other company that you have. Try to stay in 2-3 colors only scheme.
4. Paint the chipboards (I used Scrapmatts, but again... You know. Use whatever you have) with the same paints as you did for the background and add a bit of gold over the dry painted chipboards.
Glue the chipboards over the tag.
5. Stamp the sentiment with black pigmented ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. (I used Memento Luxe and Wow! Embossing Powders for this step.). Cut the sentiment and glue it over the tag as shown. Add a bit of light color over the sentiment strip using the same mists from the previous step.
6. Die cut the sentiment from white thick cardstock - this will be the highlights base. Then die cut it again 3 more times from thick black cardstock and glue the three black layers over the white one.
Paint over the die cut with gold paint for highlights.
Glue the sentiment as shown.
7. Make flowers cluster and glue it over the tags. Add a bit of paints/white gesso over the flowers for the shabby look.
I hope that you liked my tags and my small tutorial.
Here are the products used from Inspired by Stamping site:
Smile stamp set
Edited: Sorry for not picking my winner earlier, but my new grandson was born on 1/1/18 and my whole life was a bit around this event. So I...
Hello my dear crafty friends! This altered canvas was made for my dearest 3 yo grand daughter (she is 4 now already, but who counts? ). ...
This is my first new project for 2018 that was made not for any Design team. I altered the $ store wooden frame with tons of differen...
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my last for 2017 Topflight Stamps post. This time I just used one single Rubber Dance stam...
This is a quick and easy to make cards made with PPRS stamps, distress oxide inks, some washi tape and a few pearls. The stamped image...
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to our new CAS- ual Fridays challenge! So grab your coffee and tea stamps and enter our new...
This cute spiral notebook was already published in the last issue of 2017 Just Christmas cards and Decorations. Now it's a time to...
This fabric covered planner with easy to make chipboards only decorations was in print in the last Just Christmas cards and Decorations ...
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new BoBunny Holidays post. We are just close to Christmas and sure some of us need a few la...
This canvas covered notebook with small altered canvas as a cover embellishment cluster was made for some web challenges. Lucky me- between...