Tuesday 15 March 2016

Everything is possible over the rainbow



Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my small, but lovely altered fan tutorial made Earth Safe Finishes company.
Small one, but pretty.
This is a less then $1 fan you buy in any craft shop and it comes in this wooden finish with some flowers on the top. I decided to make it a bit whimsical and maybe even a bit odd. Like who thinks about fish over the rainbow? I thought about all things impossible and if pigs can fly, fish can be swimming over the rainbow.
So here is my paint tutorial and I used Ann Butler's Iridescents in all rainbow colors here with some Earth Safe Fnishes mediums later over the die cuts.
1. Paint the fan with a mix of rainbow colors as close to the real rainbow as you can with colors we have from Iridescents.  


2. Die cut two fish image and a few grass pieces and colors them with blue and green Iridescents paints as shown. Let them dry a bit.


3. Glue the die cuts over the fan with ESF Gel Medium and cover the whole piece with a thin layer of ESF Sealer.






1 comment:

Tracy said...

Your altered fan is stunning.
I love the soft colours and how you used the MS punch as seaweed :)

Popular Posts