Tuesday 14 April 2015

Stamping on clay with heat embossing

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my small clay adventure.
I am very new to Makin's Clay and this is this stage when you just make small projects to check the techniques.
So I know that we can stamp into the clay and I already made those projects.
I also know that we can stamp over the dry clay with solvent inks (such as Staz-On).
Now it was a time to check if I can stamp over clay before it's totally dry with pigmented ink and to heat emboss the stamped image.
So I made this free hand mag- no cutters or what so ever were used and it's about 4'' tall piece- with White clay and then stamped with Ann Butler's Crafter's Ocean Breeze ink from Clearsnap over the fresh made piece. Those inks are great for any surface, so I was almost sure it will work over clay.
 The stamp I used is a perfect background stamp from Rubber Dance company: Flourishes
This stamp gives us this like " old china" look of this small cup;.


As the next step I used my heat gun and dried the stamped image.
Then I covered the whole piece with clear embossing ink (Ranger) , added Clear embossing powder and heat embossed the piece.
It worked! The image stayed on its place and I got this vibrant blue color. But then I made the previous step two more times and got this shiny enamel look of  of the surface.
Then I added some"coffee and cream" strips using Makin's  Ultimate Clay extruder and some Terra Cotta clay for the coffee look. Not perfect, but it was just a stamping adventure, not the ultimate sculpturing one.


Easy  way to embellish the bare white clay piece: just grab your background stamps and your Clearsnap inks and go for it!


No comments:

Popular Posts