Saturday 8 March 2014

Life is good

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here with my very first post made with Ann Butler's delicious products.
A few months ago we bought a new TV set and as it is LG one the first thing you see when you turn it on is this huge LIFE 'S GOOD title. So these  words were ringing in my head for a long time and I decided to make an artistic card with this "Life is good" title.
I made it with Ann Butler's products, a lot of them and made a small tutorial to show you my fancy way to use a lot of stamps and 3 close to primary ink colors. As I made my finished project first, the tutorial is just a sample of all techniques used to make this fancy card and not a finished project sample.
So here we go:
1.  Stamp images over white cardstock with clear embossing inkDSCN2275
2. Heat emboss your stamped images with black fine embossing powder,
DSCN2277

3. Punch the embossed images with 1'' punch (you sure can hand cut them, but if you have the proper punch  it makes it  so fast and easy.Arrange your punched images over double sided tacky tape. Do not connect the images as we want a bit of space between the pieces, but try to keep the space around 1/8'' mostly.
DSCN2281

4. Sprinkle fine pink glitter over the tacky piece, don't worry about the images as you can just wipe them in a second later.DSCN2286

5. This is a step where we usually use 3 primary ink colors to make a whole rainbow of colors (red, blue and yellow). But I decided to step out of the box and to use  colors that are close to primary from Ann's collection, so I used Sunshine, Aquamarine and Berry. Use a simple cheap make- up sponge or your fancy inking tool, your choice.
DSCN2289

This is an end of my sample technique tutorial and now for my finished project.
I used three Ann Butler cling stamp sets from Unity:


The chipboard  window and the title were heat embossed with black embossing powder and the chipboard frame was painted with Ann Butler's Lipgloss Iridescents`paint
Here you can see all layers and it's still very flat card.


5
I added some pearls and my card was done. Hope I inspired you to try my techniques and to make some similar projects with Ann Butler's delicious products.
Supply list
Ann Butler inks: Aquamarine, SunshineBerry
Ann Butler paint: Lipgloss
Cardstock: American Crafts
Chipboards: Creative Embellishments
Pearls: Flourish with a Bling
Embossing powders: WOW! Embossing Powders



No comments:

Popular Posts