Wednesday 11 July 2018

Bravo eclipse card tutorial with CAS-ual Fridyas


Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit from Irit Shalom Designs is here today with my very first post made for CAS- ual Fridays main company team.
About  a year and a half ago I was asked by CAS- ual Fridays owner Michele to make some guest design for the company release.
From there I became a member of their challenge blog design team for a year and now lucky me moved to the main inspiration  blog.
So from here on you will see my CAS- ual Fridays projects made with new releases and oldies all together and some will have a full step by step tutorial.
So today I made a full tutorial for a kind of eclipse card.
Usually we need a larger alphabet single letters dies  to make a proper eclipse card,but as you can see CAS-ual Fri- dies words can make the job too.
So here is my eclipse card and yes, let's say Bravo to all of us who survive the Summer vacation... 
I know that with four small grand kids it makes my Summer a full time job of babysitting, but I still can craft in between.



So in general this card was made with several techniques  (see them all on the following step by step tutorial):
Stamping with VersaMark and heat embossing; masking with die cuts;coloring with water color markers;making faux chipboard with layered die cuts; adding texture with texture paste and stencil; misting around.
 And with all these techniques this card still looks pretty much clean and simple; exactly the way I wanted it to look.



 These are CAS- ual Friday products I used to make this card:

Pretty Posies 

Posies Fri Dies

 And now here is my step by step tutorial:

 1. Die cut or hand cut  your card front from a thick white cardstock. Stamp the largest flower with Memento Luxe black pigmented ink or us VersaMark (whatever works best for you). Heat emboss with clear embossing powder (if you used VersaMark  heat emboss with black embossing powder).




2. Stamp all flowers and leaves from Pretty Posies stamp set and die cut them all with Posies Fri- dies.
I made all masks in advance, also I didn't use them all at the end.




3. Use your die cuts as masks and stamp the flowers cluster on one corner. Then move to the other corner and make another flower cluster.



 This is how it looks after this serial masking, stamping and heat embossing.



4.Water color the stamped images with you favorite water color tools. Mine are Zig Real Brush.



5.  Arrange Bravo cutting die over the colored card front and die cut it.




Die cut the same word 2-3 times from black cardstock to make this your inner layers.
Glue the top die cut layer over the inner ones and make 3d " chipboard like" word.



6. Die cut deep purple background rectangle in the same size as your card front.
Glue the die cut card front over the background dark layer.
Glue the sentiment into the die cut negative part with 3d foam glue.



7. Use stencil and glitter paste over the " white spaces" to add some interest to the card.
 Let it dry.




8. Add few color splashes over the dry glitter paste.
You card is done! Enjoy!


Hope you liked my small tutorial and see in in a couple of weeks with more CAS- ual Fridays inspiration!
You can also get yourself great discount using my own special discount code.



Irit



No comments:

Popular Posts