Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my post made for Inspired by Stamping!
This is a 3D Friendship crafts week here on Inspired by Stamping and I altered a lovely cheap blackboard as my gift to a crafty friend.
Here is a small tutorial I made for you:
1. Stamp Inspired by Stamping Fresh Bouquet large stamp with white pigmented ink over black cardstock and heat emboss with white embossing powder. You can sure use Clear embossing ink ; but white over white gives the best results.
2. Use Tim Holtz (Ranger) distress crayons to color the embossed image.
I just added color over the piece and wiped with baby wipe. You can't see the " over colored" places when you work on black cardstock, so you don't need to do a nice coloring after all.
3. Add more crayon colors over the stamped piece.
4. This is how this blackboard look and I decided to embellish one side and to leave the second for a real chalk writing.
5. Stamp the sentiment over the stamped piece with the same white ink and white powder heat embossing.
Die cut the stamped and colored piece with stitched rectangle die (Elizabeth Crafts).
Add strips of black and white washi tape and embellish with black rhinestones.
Add a black swirl of pearls over the stamped piece and your gift is all done!
Inspired by Stamping-Fresh Bouquet
Cardstock- American Crafts
Embossing powders- WOW! Embossing Powders
Crayons- Tim Holtz for Ranger
Pearls- Florish with a Bling
Dies- Elizabeth Crafts
Washi tapes- craft store