Sunday 6 December 2015

Explore the Steampunk land with VLVS

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new post for VLVS blog.


This time I am back to what I adore with VLVS: their Steampunk stamps. I sure adore all VLVS stamps, but Steampunk they product is just the best of the best!
So I made this art piece over the thick cardstock with lots of VLVS stamps, lots of home die cuts, some chipboards, metal pieces and even made this clay owl to watch us while we explore this style and to offer us its wisdom.


First I painted this piece with Earth Safe Finishes paints, using a mix of Chalk Up  paints over the cardstock that was primed  with ESF gesso.
 Then I stamped. Lot of VLVS backgrounds and a few of my lovely Steampunk images. 
Then I added a few  touches of ESF Gel Medium with Stencilgirl stencils and as this is clear medium I painted over them with a mix of ESF Iridescents.
The chipboard frame was painted into gold  with a touch of blue patina and glued to frame the main stamped image. I added the chipboard heat embossed word " EXPLORE" and this mold made Makin's Clay own that was also painted over with the same blue paint.

I mix of die cuts made of dark red metal cardstock and some printed Kraft cardstock were glued over the piece with Gel Medium.



 I hope you like my Steampunk art board and VLVS stamps as much as I do.

VLVS stamps used:
Lion face door knocker Item 18428 Plate 1387
Steampunk woman's head Item 18365 Plate 1400 
Steampunk gear hair Item 18594 Plate 1405
Background  
Number strip Item 18924 Plate 1428
Pocket watch  Item 15975 Plate 1271
Washi grid background Item 19074 Plate 917
Dictionary page  Item 19015 Plate 890

No comments:

Popular Posts