Friday, 3 July 2015
Hi- Tropical Mixed Media card
Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my very first Die Versions July post in my blog.
This time I am going to share a Mixed Media card. Yes- this card was made with stencils, texture paste, inks, embossing powders and glitter. So this is a true Mixed Media piece. But on the other hand, this card is a card. With a focal point (also a bit cluttered) and a small sentiment and it's not this heavy stamped/misted/painted Mixed Media piece we are used to think of when we see the term " Mixed Media".
So this is my kind of Mixed Media: lots of mediums and no mess. And then I just added a couple of Die Versions June release dies as my large focal card point.
Both Hula girl and Tiki boards were die cut from simple thick white cardstock.
The Hula girl was layered over double sided adhesive piece and glitter was added over the open adhesive (now you can see it inside the die cut ). The Tiki boards die was covered with clear embossing ink and then I used at least 5 colors of embossing powders and embossing glitters to get this look. I also added a simple heat embossed with yellow powder punched circle as a " sun" on the back of my die cut cluster. The " sun rays" background was made with a stencil, texture paste , embossing powders and color mists.
I hope you like this card and the techniques I used with Die Versions new dies.
Labels:
AC,
card,
die cut,
die versions,
memory box,
punch,
stencil,
texture paste,
WOW
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
This box was a winner on Get sketchy sketch challenge- thanks!! This box made Top 3 at Die cuts r us challenge- thanks!! This box made Top 3...
-
Hello my dear crafty friends! Welcome to our Little Prince big BLOG HOP ! Please read the whole post as I HAVE A HUGE GIVEAWAY FOR YOU! ...
-
This card was published in DEC 2010 SNR issue This boot won the monochromatoc challenge on Whimsical ink sorority challenge blog- tha...
-
This album was featured at Card of the week. com- thanks!! This album was October challenge winner on Creatalicious challenge blog- thanks!...
-
Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here today and I want to welcome to my new June post made for CAS- ual Fridays blog with their mos...
-
This work made Top 3 on Pocket full of posies wings challenge- thanks!! This work made Top3 spot on Elephantastic challenges- thanks!! This ...
-
This artwork was published in Dec 2010 issue of Scrapstreet magazine This also won Your scrapbook stash altered item Sep. 2010 challenge...
-
This card was one of the Pink elephant pink challenge winners- thanks!! OK- it's Valentine all over the web- I just don't have time ...
-
This item was published in SCRAP STREET MAGAZINE May issue This work one of TOP 5 at ABC challenge blog letter N- NEW- challenge- thanks!...
-
This tag was published in August 2010 issue of SNR magazine This tag was featured as an " extra special work" on Soarful challeng...
No comments:
Post a Comment