Sunday 11 March 2012

Friends

This page was published in SNR April/May 2012 issue
Hello , my dear Robin's Nest friends! It's Irit here again and this time with my new and fancy lo made with lots of Robin's Nest products and with some Purple Cows punches and Stamp it Roller. You will get all information about those gorgeous tools a bit later.


So this page is made with black and white photo of one of my twin girls and her very best friend, who studies Dentistry in Romania, so they meet maybe 3 times a year for the last 2 years and it's 4 years more being so far away.
I used this Red Swirl cardstock as my base and then trimmed the Time Glitter Writing cardstock a bit to make some borders. The inner cardstock was distressed with brown ink and I made Dotty borders with white ink and a Purple Cows Stamp it Roller. As I said, I used one ball of 4 (they also have stars, hearts and snowflake shapes in this Love set)
Now for the Purple Cows action: it took me about 2 hours to understand the point of making a filigree using this Spring punch, but then it was a great fun. I used Glitter Seashore cardstock (the teal part), made two 4*4'' pieces and made those squares you can see on this page. Then I added 2 smaller ones, another design, made with the same cardstock back side. The focal matting was made with another piece of Glitter Writing(thanks god I had 2 or 3 of them), then another piece was punched with mmmmmm punch, just a bit as nobody can really see the design. Another piece was punched as a corner with Spring punch on the upper left side of this page.



Now for the final part: my title was inked and heat embossed with red embossing powder and I made a banner from Red glitter chipboard and another punched piece (again, different design of punching). I also hand cut a swirl piece from the same paper and made this 3d look on the lower corner.
The very same Red glitter chipboard was trimmed as another layer of matting and I added the photo over all 3 layers.
Then I used those Viva rub- ons and added a red rub- on from Palm tree rub- on too, over the white dress on the photo.
The chipboard candles die cut was stacked behind the matting and I embellished all possible pieces with Parisian mini dew drops and Beaches Dew Drops too. Then I decided to add a hand cut clock from Black and White Clock paper and a piece left from Glitter Writing (back side) to connect all 3 squares.
I think this is a lovely girly page in some vintage mood and I want to thank Purple Cows for those great products we got to design with.
I enter this to Scrap the girls Celebration challenge

1 comment:

Ziggyeor said...

Very pretty I like the colors and the punch patterns you used.

Popular Posts