Monday 21 February 2011

Key to my heart book frame

I am not sure where or when I 've seen this easy book box folding- so thanks to whoever you are for the idea. I think the result is pretty, also it was a really hard job.. And again:Tim Holtz and Graphic 45 should be the best friends ever, they just fit..
The innovating thing here was to use TH keys inner clear packaging for the middle page inside..
Then again- the crackled paint in blue color was dry.. Damn.. It happens all the time.. So I went to red and added some brown ink over it to make it a bit mute..In between I waited for 4-5 hours for the paint to be dry.. I hate waiting, and this is the main reason I do too little Mixed media items, also I know all techniques and have lot of products.. You need to be patient with paints and molds and everything messy.. I can't.. I want my item done instantly- so MM is only here and there and not too much products in one item.. So we have here paints, misting the " book" sides with copper mist, some inking and zero stamping.I wanted to use my stamps- didn't find a " white space" for it as this item is not so big..
Ok.. I hope you like it, it was a fun to do this " book" amd I am sure I will do a lot more of them..
 And some challenges:
Male project for Craft your passion
 Oldfashioned for ABC
 Not a card for Lets craft and create and for Craft
 One for men for Crafty catz
Love for Stamp and create
 Mono chrom(ok- one red piece taht can be out.. LOL) for Challenge up your life
 Distressing and love for Elephantastic

16 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

I agree Tim and Graphics 45 should be BFF's. I love your book box and I would love to know where the techinque is from even if it does take forever! I think I have some tan crackle paint, though it's probably dry too! I think I've heard Tim say to just put a little bit of water in it.

מימס mimms said...

עירית, זה מהמם !!
כל כך הרבה פריטים יש עלקופסת הספר
אבל לא הבנתי איך בדיוק יצרת אותה

Nancy Wethington said...

Pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing this. And thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge this week!

Mandy said...

Irit, your designs are fab.

Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create.

Mandy

carol said...

wonderful creation, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Craftycatz, x carol

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your project with us at CRAFT Challenge.

Kerry x

Diamond Doll said...

Fabulous creation Irit.
Thanx for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Cecelia said...

This is beautiful! Love all the detail and embellishments! Hope you had a great weekend. Thank you for joining us this week over at ABC Challenge;0)

Hugs x
Cecelia B

Jill said...

What an interesting project with so much detail! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

Tamara Morton said...

Wow, I've never seen a project like this before. Brilliant and so very different.. Thank you for joining in at Ellephantastic this month..
please join us again, interested to see your other projects..
Hugs
Tamara

Posh Cat Crafts!

Helen Laurence said...

Wow this is a very cool project. Not seen one like this before. Thank you for sharing it with us at Ellephantastic x x

Michelle said...

Fantastic book box, absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for taking part in this months Ellephantastic challenge!
hugs
Michelle
Elle DT
xx

Manuela said...

Super book box! Like the idea behind it! Great!
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life! Hope to see you at our next challenge :)

KarenB said...

Wow, this is stunning!

Aunty Sue said...

stunning and thanks for joining CC

Vicky said...

Amazing project! :)

Popular Posts