Wednesday 15 November 2017

Merry early Christmas with BoBunny

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here and today I am going to share a couple of projects made with BoBunny new and delicious Fa La La collection.
This is a new and pretty mush traditional Christmas collection and I decided to make pretty  much traditional projects.
So here are my interactive card and gift card holder.

Christmas card and gift card holder by Irit Shalom


 I decided to stay in reds and blues with a small touch of deep green for both projects and as you can see it works perfectly when you pick the right cardstock from the whole line.
I made it in this totally traditional crafty style with the very small Mixed Media touches.
So this are the projects that can be made by  any crafter  who likes BoBunny products and want to make lovely Christmas projects with this new collection.
And now I am going to show you the interactive card. In made it with the technique called Color Magic, but I didn't use the stamped images that are the must for this technique. The regular card made in this style has one non colored image made over acetate and one same image made over cardstock and colored. So first you see the black and white image and then when you pull the  white tab it becomes colored.
On this card I use the hand cut Santa that was hand cut and glued over the acetate and used the patterned cardstock tab. And  when the tab is pulled I added another patterned paper background.
So  this is how this card looks when the tab is inside:


And this is the tab half way up and we can see the part of the green cardstock background:


And this is how it looks when the tab is fully up. It's like first Santa was in the woods and then came to your Christmas tree.


 I know that it can be tricky to understand this kind of a card and I promise to make a full video tutorial one day with this technique.

And now to the folded gift card holder that was made with the basic Double Dot cardstock and then embellished with the new collection cardstock, new wooden shapes and a lot of die cuts.
This is the closed gift card holder and I didn't use any closure for this project, but you can add a small magnet or a small Velcro piece.
I added two layers of patterned Fa La La cardstock on the flap and on the front  and then embellished with Christmas dies cuts, hand cut Santa and some wooden shapes that were painted with BoBunny Crackle paste.
Let's say that it's pretty difficult to paint such small pieces with two steps crackle, but it worked perfect!


 This is how it looks when the flap is opened. You can see the front piece with a full Christmas die cut frame and the tag that was added inside the flap to add the recipient name later.



 And this is how it looks when full opened. I added 4  adhesive corners to keep the gift card inside the holder and another Holiday sentiment on the bottom.


BoBunny products list:
Fa La La Collection- 12*12'' cardstocks-  Fa La La Cheer, Santa Stripe, Noteworthy, Fa La La Sparkle, Christmas Tree, Holiday Hoot, Deck the Halls, Be Merry
Double Dot cardstock- Dark Denim, Wild Berry, Aquamarine
Christmas card dies
To and From dies
Double Dot Ruby Red Jewels
Christmas wooden shapes
Crackle paste
I hope that you like my early Christmas projects and see you soon again!


No comments:

Popular Posts