Friday 7 July 2017

Happiness door hanger

Hello my dear crafty friends!
My name is Irit Shalom and I am thrilled to be one of the new Topflight Stamps Design Team members.
This is my very first post here in the blog and it's a kind of my introduction. So we were asked to make something in our style and I had a huge problem as I am not sure what my style is.
Usually I call it " my no style" style, as I work in every possible style, but cute.
My style depends on the products I use, my state of mind and the time I have  to make the project.
So sometimes this can be a big dark industrial or Steampunk project. Sometimes it can be shabby pastel or brown vintage one. Some days I am in this clean and simple state of mind and some days it's graphic or totally classic project.
So today I am going to share one of my most visible projects and I call it " light Mixed Media". By " light" I mean that I used mediums and even a lot of them, but the products are not totally clustered and you can see the actual products and to be able to identify them when you are going  to shop.
And let me promise you that Topflight Stamps have the best non USA stamps collection  and not only in USA!

So here is my project for today- altered Mixed Media door hanger made in a kind of modern and even graphic way.


The base of this project is a very thick chipboard door hanger (Tando Creative UK) that was covered with Art Anthology stencils and mediums. Then the chipboard hexagons were added and I moved to the stamping.
I need to say that one of my always used techniques in stamping is heat embossing. I love the shiny result of heat embossed images and the easiness of coloring inside when you heat emboss your stamped images.
I used two different  Rubber Dance stamp sets from Topflight Stamps shop and this is a company that I designed for two and a half years in the past, so I love their stamps a lot and I am very familiar with them.


Happiness is a state of mind is a most perfect sentiment stamp from Rubber Dance Something Wonderful sentiments set.This is a MUST TO HAVE set for any Mixed Media artist!

Rubber Dance - Something Wonderful Sentiment Stamp Set

The busy bees are two different  sized stamps from the same Rubber Dance Beautiful Bugs stamp set.




Rubber Dance - Beautiful Bugs Stamp Set

1 comment:

Becca Cruger said...

As a fellow "no style" crafter... brava! I love the texture going on in the background and all the shimmery accents. Gorgeous design!

Popular Posts