Saturday 22 July 2017

Fabric Flowers necklace tutorial with Papericious

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my last July post made for Papericious blog.
Irit from Irit Shalom's Designs is here today and 
this time I was asked  to make a tutorial using Papericious most gorgeous fabric flowers from the last release.
So as all of us already made Mixed Media pieces and scrapbooking layouts and cards with these flowers I decided to make an altered necklace and it's a real wearable art piece.




And as always I made a small (really small this time) tutorial how to create this necklace.

1. Paint a few pieces of Papericious chipboard with Papericious Black Heavy gesso and let them dry.




2.Use proper adhesive and add black and gold embossing powder over the black painted chipboards.
I used the old products that I have in my stash, but any embossing powder adhesive (clear inks etc) and any mix of black and gold powders will do the job.



3.Mist the fabric Papericious flowers with black mist and let them dry.


4.Add Papericious Crystal Clear powder using Glossy Accents over the black flowers.


5. Arrange the necklace using the heat embossed chipboard pieces, misted and white flowers and some Papericious lace and gold jewelry findings from your stash.
To be sure that this piece is wearable I added a thick layer of clear resin over the back of painted and heat embossed chipboards.This step takes a lot of time because of the very long drying time, but it's totally " must to do" step if you leave in the hot country like mine.


And another look at the finished necklace:




Hope you liked my small and easy tutorial and would try this project by your own.


No comments:

Popular Posts