Friday 9 June 2017

BoBunny Down by the Sea Fine art Friday post

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my BoBunny Fine arts post.
Today I am going to share an alteration of a chap plastic $1 shadow box frame made with the latest released Down by the Sea BoBunny collection, some of other new BoBunny released tools and products  and a lot of old and new Pentart mediums and paints.

Take me to the ocean altered shadow box by Irit Shalom

  
It's not a tutorial post, but still I want to share the ways this plastic box was altered.
So as it's a plastic surface I first covered it inside and out with Pentart White acrylic primer.
When dry I painted it with all possible blue and greenish acrylic paints from Pentart that I have i my stash.
The full supply list is at the end of this post for you to see.
Then I added a layer of Pentart Classic Crackle Varnish and you can see the gorgeous result mostly inside the box as the outer frame was painted with more paints and mediums and most of the result was lost after all.
Then the circles were added using Turquoise and Seafoam Glitter pastes and the new fantastic Backsplash stencil.
Three different BoBunny sprays were added over the dry area and I added 3d balls and powder on the bottom.
The inside of the box was made with four layers of torn cardstock and one single  die cut Mandala and then the chipboard pieces were added inside and over the frame.





 Here are some close-ups to the background on the frame:


Inside of the box:


And the close- up to the bottom background:


BoBunny products used:
Down by the Sea collection-
Down by the Sea Mermaids 12'' cardstock
Mystical 12'' cardstock
Coral 12'' cardstock
Fantasy 12'' cardstock
Down by  the Sea Noteworthy
Down by the Sea Chipboards
Down by the Sea Layered chipboards
 Mandala die
Backsplash Stencil
Glitter paste Turquoise
Glitter paste Seafoam
Glimmer Spray Gold
Glimmer Spray Mint
Glimmer Spray Frost
Aqua brads


Pentart products used:
Acrylic primer white
 Delicate Metallic Dark gold  acrylic paint
Glamour Metallic Greenish acrylic paint
Creamy Acrylic paint White
Creamy Acrylic paint Blue
Creamy Acrylic paint Baby Blue
Metallic acrylic paint Teal
Creamy acrylic paint Jade
Classic Crackle varnish- 2 components
Crackling paste- 2  components
Crackle medium
3D powder - Fine
3D balls
Gel paste
Bead paste
Express glue
I really hope that I inspired you with my altered full of mediums and paints project and you would try to make one by your own.

No comments:

Popular Posts