Saturday 29 April 2017

Papericious " Let's go " pack inspiration- Mixed Media notebok cover

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my April inspirational post.
This is Irit from Irit Shalom Designs here today and I am going to share my new travel journal cover that was made with Papericious new, just released, Let's go collection.



I made the chipboard cover using some recycled chipboards and then covered them from both sides with two Papericious cardstocks. The 12*12'' cardstock fits the regular book sise, but not allows to make folds as it's pretty much close to 12*12''. So I glued one cardstock on the top, the second one inside and then added borders on the outside with what was left from the inside cardstock.


The background panel was made from different strips from Let's go collection, but then with all paints and mediums you just can see the strips, but not the patterns.
First I painted them with white gesso and then with the thin layer of black gesso and then added the travel words using Tim Holtz stencil and texture paste.
The color was made with different acrylic paints and wiped for the mute final result.
Then embellishment cluster was made with layers over layers of Let's go cardstocks.
Some were border punched with Binding edge punch. Some are pieces of background die cuts I made with different dies.
Pieces of Papericious new released background chipboards were added between the paper layers, painted with black acrylic paint.
I added two paper cuts from the sentiment cardstock and the chipboard title on the top.
The chipboard title and the chipboard arrows were heat embossed with blue embossing powder.




As you can see I added quite a lot of layers over the cover, but then it's still  flat as this is a journal to use and it can't be too bulky.

And this is how it looks while standing:


Papericious products used to make this project:






Arrows chipboards





No comments:

Popular Posts