This time I made a Winter/Christmas photo frame (can be used as a gift card holder too) and an up cycled hanger, both using the very same new released Inspired by Stamping Snowflake Wonder stamp set.
It was also my very first time to use my Misty stamping tool after I bought it like a year ago.
So here we go!
1. Arrange a few snowflake stamps in your Misty tool and use blue pigmented ink to stamp them on a half of A4 size white thick cardstock.
Not shown, but later: each stamping need to be heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
2. Arrange the second stamp arrangement and stamp again.
3. Heat emboss the stamped snowflakes with clear embossing powder.
4. Fill the whole cardstock with more stamped snowflakes and heat emboss them all.
5. Make the chipboard frame and cut the piece that fits this frame. We use whatever is left for the hanger.
6. Paint the chipboard frame with white acrylic paint.
7. Cover the painted frame with a thick layer of Crackle Glaze medium and let it dry.
8. Add a bit of gold acrylic over the crackles and wipe the rest.
9. Mist the embossed images with three Tattered Angels mists; let it dry or use a heat gun between colors, unless you like a mess.
10. Paint the old kitchen hanger with white acrylic (the one I used doesn't need a primer).
Cut the stitched frame with a die from the smaller piece of your stamped and misted cardstock.
11. Glue the die cut piece over the hanger and cover with One layer Crackle. Let it dry.
12. The crackle is not much seen, but it made the colors bright and shiny and this is very different from the colors we get using the other technique later.
Add a bit of gold acrylic around the edges and your hanger is done.
13. Go back to the second stamped piece and cover it with 4-5 layers of thick embossing powder.
Let it cool and break the " glass" with your hands to get this broken glass look.
This is how our finished frame looks.
Snowflake Wonder- Inspired by Stamping
Embossing powders- WOW! Embossing Powders
Acrylic paint- DecoArt
One step crackle- DecoArt
Crackle Glaze- DecoArt
Mists- Tattered Angels
Dies- Elizabeth Crafts Designs