I am not a big fan of mini albums, but if I decide to make one it should be easy to make and fun to receive.
So this album is one of this kind: really easy to make and great gift for anyone who loves to travel and to scrapbook the memories.
So here are all steps to make this small lovely album:
1. Find some good chipboard pieces to make the base of the album. This is a perfect time to recycle your old boxes or to find some good cardboard pieces around.
Cut two pieces into 16*12 cm size (6 1/2*4 1/2'') and one spine piece into 16*3 cm size (6 1/2*1 1/4'')
Cut the cardstock a bit larger so you have at least 1 cm to fold around the chipboards.
2. Use double sided glue tape and cover the chipboards as shown on the right top photo.
3. Cut another cardstock to cover the inner part of the cover (as seen on the left lower photo).
4. Cut another piece of chipboard in the same size as the narrow piece and cover it around with another piece of cardstock (as seen on the lower right photo).
2. Make 5 folds of natural twine around the thin covered inner spine piece. Tie the twine on the back of the piece and glue it over the cover inside as shown.
3. Cut 5 pieces of different cardstocks to make your album pages. Each piece should be(22*15 cm same as 8 3/4*5 3/4'' size and then fold each of those pieces into half.
4. Use stitched rectangle dies to cut the second layer for some of your pages (right top photo).
5. Heat emboss some chipboards for the cover embellishment cluster using clear embossing ink and black embossing powder. (Lower left photo).
6. Color some metal and polymer pieces with Alcohol inks as shown on the last photo here.
Not shown, but also done are some Scrapberry's white chipboards (hot air balloon and arrows) that were painted with distress ink and covered with 3d glaze.
Stamp the Camera with white pigmented ink and heat emboss with clear powder. Cut it out.
7. Die cut the background layer for the cover and arrange all the embellishments as shown over the cover.
Add the key hole embossed chipboard on the spine.
Here you can see the close ups of the cover.
8. Embellish all inner pages before they are inserted into the twine.
Add some epoxy stickers, more stamped images, some die cut pieces and leave the space for the future photos.
And some close ups to the stamped images over some pages.
Scrapberry's product list:
Edge of Town collection: Out of Time Double sided cardstock 12*12''
No Parking Double sided cardstock 12*12''
On the Road Double sided cardstock 12*12''
Metal and Memory Double sided cardstock 12*12''
The Best Deals in the State Double sided cardstock 12*12''
Mechanic on Duty Double sided cardstock 12*12''
Photo Archive stamps SCB4907011b
Photo Archive stamps SCB4907013b
Elegy: Precious Memories stamps SCB4904020b
Butterflies Best Things stamps SCB4907001B
Around the World set of metal embellishments SCB34001006
Around the World set of metal charms SCB250001059
Angel Wings metal embellishments, SILVER SCB341101
Antique Shop Chipboards SCB620001096
13 Colomns Set of polymer items SCB26001029
Around the World Curls SBC250001066
Around the World Epoxy Stickers SBC34001079b
Metal hangers SBC25013717-1
I really hope that you liked my small tutorial and my mini Travel album!
See you again in two weeks with my new Scrapberry's inspiration.