Monday 11 July 2016

You make my life colorful Mixed Media card with Honey Bee Stamps



Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here again. Yes, this month you will  see me quite a lot in the Honey Bee Stamps blog ...
This time I decided to share my simple and yet totally Mixed Media card.
I didn't make the tutorial, but I am going to give you the steps to make this card if you like it and want to try something similar.
First I stamped the sentiment using Honey Bee Stamps Color my World set and made the whole sentiment.
I stamped with clear embossing ink and heat embossed it with black powder.
Being more than 4 years on a design team for embossing powders manufacturer made me a kind of " heat emboss everything" crafter, but then it's so easy to colors inside those heat embossed lines!
So I colored the bold letters with all possible rainbow colors using my beloved Zig Real Color brushes.
Then I  punched a circle of scrap paper and made a mask over the stamped sentiment.
I used Memory Box stencil that was arranged over the card and clear embossing ink over the stencil.
The next step was to add 7 embossing powders over the stencilled area and to heat emboss them.




The powders were very different and you can see that some are more solid and some are kind of grainy, but this is what Mixed Media is all about. It shouldn't be perfect. It should be artistic.So why not to add some golden mist over it? So I did  using Tattered Angels Marigold glimmer mist.
The last part was to die cut the copper cardstock circle using dies and DCWV copper paper and the add it over the sentiment.
The basic card was die cut from the same copper cardstock and I added just a few rhinestones over this card.



I really hope that you like my almost CAS Mixed Media card and if you like my projects please visit my Instagram account @iritshalom2000 and become my follower.
I will be posting more Honey Bee projects there every second week.


No comments:

Popular Posts