Thursday 7 April 2016

Imagine art page with Rebecca Baer- tutorial






Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to myfirst ever post made for Rebecca Baer blog with her adorable stencils.
For my first post I decided to go trendy. Stencil work is trendy and so is gold. Butterflies are always trendy and white dots too. So maybe this art page is screaming " too usual" or " too trendy", but  art pages are made for us, not for  sale or general public and as a such- I like it a lot and I hope that you like it too.
So  I made a small and easy to follow tutorial and I hope that you will try to make something similar using Rebecca Baer most delicate art stencils.

Step 1:
Mist an A4 piece of thick white cardstock with a mix of Tattered Angels mists.
You sure can use other mists; I used the one I own. I didn't try to dry each and every misted layer and lucky me finished with good, non messy colors. But as usual: dry each color before you add another one unless you want to finish with brown mess.



Step 2:
Use Golden Heavy body gel medium and Rebecca Baer Moroccan Tile and vine Medium sized  stencil over the misted (and very dry!!!) page. I worked with this stencil from two sides of the cardstock and used two sides of the stencil. Wet gel medium is pretty much white, so you can still see it. Later, when dry and if not covered with another medium, it becomes clear.



Step 3:
Add a thick layer of gold embossing powder (the finer - the better) over your wet stencilled areas.
Don't wait till it's dry. Heat emboss the whole page and find the MAGIC!
Look how gorgeous are those gold impressions over gel medium.




Step 4:
Now it's a play time! Lets add some stamping and some dotting to make the page more interesting.
I used Visible Image background stamps and made black inked plaid and white paint dotts. You sure can use any similar stamps from other companies.
I didn't cover my heat embossed stencilled areas as they are totally pretty without any add- ons.


Step 5:
For the final touch I added the stamped sentiment over the upper, non textured piece of the page.
I used black premanent ink and Visible Image sentiment old stamp.



Step 6:
Stamp a couple of fancy butterflies; heat emboss them with the same  gold powder and mist with two of mists you used before (to stay in the same color range). Hand cut the dry butterflies and glue them over the finished page with gel medium.

Your art page is done! Enjoy!





I also enter this to a couple of web challenges:
 Wow! Embossing Powders challenge- I used their powder seen in tutorial




6 comments:

Toni said...

Oh, Wow, Irit, I would love to touch this--such fabulous texture! So pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Toni
HLS DT

Susan said...

Fabulous - true mixed media! Love the colours and textures, and especially the gold embossing powder. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Sid said...

Irit, I just love your gilded work on this piece !

laury55 said...

fantastic piece of art. Thanks for playing along at the WOW embossing challenge

Melissa L. said...

Oooooo, so pretty, Irit! Thanks for all of the details. Beautifully done. Thanks for playing along at HLS MM Challenge: Wings.

Linda said...

WOW! This looks amazing .... love the texture. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge xx

Popular Posts