Friday 4 March 2016

Happy Spring with IBS

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my first post for Inspired by Stamping.


Spring is almost here. So the best way to welcome Spring is to make a couple of spring cards. As we are Jewish and don't celebrate Easter, I just used the other sentiment from this totally versatile and gorgeous new IBS set named Easter Bunnies.


 It's not a real tutorial, but I took some photos of a few stages and I think that this is a card to any level of crafter: easy to make with some  watercolors and just a light Mixed Media background.


So here we go:
1. Stamp the Bunnies image over watercolor paper with clear embossing ink and heat emboss with black powder.


2. Color the image with water colors. You can use whatever water colors you own. Lucky me has those Real Brush markers as they are very easy to use.
So after I colored the bunnies I made a free hand cut of the image.
I made another stamped layer of the same image and made 2 layers focal point image using 3d foam glue.
3. The background layer was first dry embossed with Darice folder.Then I added some splashes made with 2 colors of mists and finished it with a couple of stickers' stitches.


4. Stamp the sentiment with black permanent ink and hand cut it as a banner. Color with one of the mists using baby wipe.
Adhere the sentiment as shown.
5. Add a few rhinestones to finish your card.



I also enter this card to a couple of web challenges:
Addicted to stamps- Spring Holiday
Time out challenges- Easter of Spring

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your beautiful simple card.
Hope you can also join our challenge here
http://mycraftingstories.blogspot.co.id/2016/03/challenge-3-easter.html

Hugs,
Merlina

Mynn xx said...

Irit, this is TOTALLY darling! I am in LOVE with the spring colors and CAS, yet grungy, feel! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lilian said...

So cute! Great colors!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Peanut said...

What an adorable project, Irit! Cute little bunnies doing grunge - LOVE it. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Lynn said...

Love how you created that fabulous background. Adorable! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Popular Posts