Wednesday 10 February 2016

Dreaming of Spring with Inspired by Stamping

 Hello my dear crafty friends! Irit is here and  I want to welcome to my post with new Inspired by Stamping gorgeous   Cherry Blossoms stamp set.
 For a long time I make cards without any patterned paper. I don't know why, but I just try to make lovely cards with solid cardstocks and tools I have in my hands. As long as you own some good dies, markers/paints and a pair of good scissors- you don't really need to hunt for the new, just released, patterned paper and then to see that every second card or paper project are made with the very same collection.
So here is my today's recipe for lovely spring card made of cardstock only and IBS lovely new Cherry Blossoms stamps.

1. Make the background basic card from Kraft cardstock. Die cut the background from green textured cardstock and as usual, those die fit the usual 6*4'' card perfectly.  As it's pretty complex to glue this kind of die cut to the card, I used staples and I am pretty much happy with the result.
2. Make 2 half circled die cuts with pearled light green paper (yes, it's very light shadow if green, not white or cream one). Arrange both halves in the middle of your card as shown.
3. Cut the Kraft cardstock strip that is wide enough to fit the stamped sentiment, but not much more as we want to see the dies behind the strip. Stamp the sentiment from Apple blossoms stamp set with black permanent ink.
4. Stamp the blossoms  with Memento ink over cardstock that is good for alcohol markers. Color the flowers as you like. Hand cut them and arrange over the strip with 3d foam glue.
5. Add 2 strips of  stitches (those are clear stickers used here). Add the bracket sticker and some green pearls near the sentiment.  Say hello to your new Spring beauty!




Inspired by Stamping set used: Cherry Blossoms

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Such a lovely card, Irit! I adore the soft colors and fun textures you created with the die cuts! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Popular Posts