Friday 6 November 2015

Look for stars: boot shaped card with SNS

Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my first November  post for SNS blog as their guest designer .
 This time I decided to make a shaped card and as it's fall, close to winter, season, I made my card in this boot shape. The template is my own, very old one and it's great fit for all rain/fall/ winter cards and was a perfect fit for SNS new November release sets.



First I dry embossed the textured cardstock with Darice folder.
Then I cut the basic shape with my own template.
The next step was to make both yellow lines, the bottom and the upper one.
I covered the space I wanted to be yellow with SNS Brushable glue and used Daffodil EP217 embossing powder. I covered it at least 3 times and with the wet brushable glue the coverage is like small bubbles that I wanted to make.
Then I added two ribbon stripes on the top using the thin 1/8'' Tear-ific  SNS double sided glue tape and added  two blue ribbons one the top.
The next was to add some sparkle to the whole piece and it was done with a little help of clear embossing ink and SNS Ocean glitter G1126.
Now it was a time for stamping.
I stamped the main image with clear embossing ink and heat embossed it with Black EP using the new, just released Splish Splash set. Then the image was hand cut and glued over the boot with 3d glue foam.


Then the same image was stamped again and I used Brushable glue and Dalmatian new SNS chunky powder EP463 to cover the umbrella. Then this embossed white and black umbrella was hand cut and glued over the first layer to make it 3d look image.
The sentiment from the same set was stamped and heat embossed with Black  Detail powder and glued on the top.


A few plastic stars and a glittered moon were added to fit the sentiment I used.


Products used to make this piece:
SNS products:
Splish Splash stamp set 672p7
1/8'' Double sided Tear-ific tape
Brushable glue
 Daffodil EP217
Black detail EP171
 Dalmatian EP463
 Ocean G1126
Cardstock- American Crafts
Buttons- craft shop
Ribbons- craft shop


No comments:

Popular Posts