Wednesday 1 July 2015

Read book: book marks with TPD


Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my first July post made with Two Paper Divas new stamps.
Actually this is June  new release  shown here, but with the shipping time to Israel I always get my new goodies 2-3 weeks later, so for me June release is totally new and I am going to share  some inspiration with this release  before I move to the newer  July one. (And what a gorgeous one too!)
Today I decided to make a couple of bookmarks. I am a book warm and always was; the thicker the book is- the more I like it. So for me bookmarks are the must. And as I read 2-3 books simultaneously I really need a couple of new bookmarks for my  very thick books in progress.
So I used those adorable Hooters stamp that reminds me me of myself (big glasses from the age of 4... ) and it was just the perfect fit as my bookmark topper.
I stamped them with brown pigmented ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I colored them with distress markers (Ranger) and misted  with light glimmer mists (Tattered Angels). The colored  owls were die cut with scalloped ovals die (Spellbinders) and then inked around and I trimmed the bottom to fit the book mark shape as a topper.


 Each bookmark was made with thick cardstock base and Paper House Productions patterned paper glued over it. I made a light distressing around the paper and inked it around.

Both toppers were glued over the paper rectangles and I tied s piece of natural jute ribbon on the top.
 Then I added READ and BOOK fabric letters over the book marks and they were all done.


Now it's your turn! Make your own bookmarks with TPD gorgeous stamps!
Easy and can be done with  and for your kids too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cute idea for this set! Absolutely love the bookmarks!

Popular Posts