Friday 3 July 2015

Hi- Tropical Mixed Media card



Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my very first  Die Versions July post in my blog.
 This time I am going to share a Mixed Media card. Yes-  this card was made with stencils, texture paste, inks, embossing powders and glitter. So this is a true Mixed Media piece. But on the other hand, this card is a card. With a focal point (also a bit cluttered) and a small sentiment and it's not this heavy stamped/misted/painted Mixed Media piece we are used to  think of when we see the term " Mixed Media".
So this is my kind of Mixed Media: lots of mediums and no mess. And then I just added a couple of Die Versions June release dies as my  large focal card point.
Both Hula girl and Tiki boards  were die cut  from simple thick white cardstock.
The Hula girl was layered over double sided adhesive piece and glitter was added over the open adhesive (now you can see it inside the die cut ). The Tiki boards die was covered with clear embossing ink and then I used at least 5  colors of embossing powders and embossing glitters to get this look. I also added a simple heat embossed with yellow powder punched circle as a " sun" on the back of my die cut cluster. The " sun rays" background was made with a stencil, texture paste , embossing powders and  color mists.
 I hope you like this card and the techniques I used with Die Versions new dies.



No comments:

Popular Posts