Saturday 13 December 2014

Ann Butler's Designs and ETI Designer Blog Hop


Welcome to the Ann Butler Designs/ETI Blog Hop! Please visit each blog and leave a comment to be entered for the blog candy. YES, a comment on EACH blog gets you an entry for the BLOG CANDY shown below! Share the fun with your friends! We will Pick the winner on Saturday the 20th and announced on the Ann Butler Blog and ETI blog! Again, make sure and visit all the links and leave a comment.
Due to Blogger changes it asks for a word verification- you can post your comment and to ignore the word verification and it works (a very new bug of Blogger...). Just comment and that's it!


First the story:
I decided to make an altered canvas with new  Ann Butler's Stars Art Screen from Clearsnap. So I added textured stars, a lot of Ann Butler's inks such as Crafter's Aquamarine, very new Ocean Breeze and Blueberry and some stamps from Ann Butler's Unity 1'' Stripes. Dots. Hearts using Clearsnap Surfecez Black ink. I was not sure what this is going to be. Then I had  to add some ETI products and I still  had no idea what my final project is going to be.
Grand kids came and the oldest, now almost 4 years old, asked to see his  old photos. And here it was- watering a rose  a Little prince of our family.
I went to the web to pick a good quote from one of my most loved childhood books and the quote I loved had both stars and a rose on it. And this is how this art piece was born.
Please say hello to my own Little Prince and his lovely rose.

And now for some techniques used here with ETI PRODUCTS (some pieces were made for another projects, so not everything on those photos are relevant to this blog hop).
The lover pale blue circle was casted with Jewelry Clay  and I added some crystals using  this Scraperfect Embellie Gellie to pick those small stones and to fit them into this Plaid mold.




 Then I mixed both equal parts of ETI Jewelry Clay . Please, use gloves with it!

For the next step I added some ETI Resin  Transparent Dyes / Opaque Pigments and casted the clay for a long day and night and day... Not sure how long, but it was a hard step for this hyperactive  lady here. There finished casted pieces were used for different projects and I just added two circled ones over this canvas using a leftovers of already mixed ETI casting Resin.


Now for the rose  piece:
This one was made with EntroviroTex Lite  High Gloss Finish resin and Red pigment color.
Mix them  exactly by instructions and you will get the most lovely casted resin roses ever!
Again, wait, wait, wait..

Here is a close up to this gorgeous rose! I used the other 2 for another projects and even had more of this red resin to make the pendant for another project.

Some of the leftovers were dropped over the finished canvas too.


And now for the " planet" shape technique- this is a round piece the photo stands over, full of glitter and really the most beautiful piece of this canvas. My photos didn't  make justice to this piece.
Use the round ETI mold and use their Mold Release conditioner before you cast resins into it. Let it dry.



Mix the Easy Cast Craft Resin and fill the ETI  mold to the 1/3 mostly as we really don't need it to be too high. Add some teal/ blue glitter over the liquid resin and... You know the drill! Wait, wait, wait... And wait again. 


Actually the level I had was low, so I added another mix of resin over it and added a bit of Clearsnap clear glitter. No photo of this part- sorry.
 As I had some clear resin leftovers again, I made some drops over the canvas and added  more clear glitter over them. Nothing was lost! That's the best part of making an altered art or Mixed Media project: there is no right or wrong! There are no mistakes!  Anything and everyting goes! 
So here is my finished canvas again


I hope you  loved my project and please ignore this Blogger's Word Varification thing, as this is a new bug. 
Your next stop is Kristi's blog





16 comments:

Ann Butler said...

Oh my goodness you have been busy since returning home Irit...I love your project!

West Pine Creations said...

Great ideas. Thanks

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Very creative, stunning creation.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Cindi McGee said...

Great ideas!

Vishu said...

Love this project Irit

mckcampbell said...

This is very sweet.

Beth Watson said...

Love this project and the roses!!

Steph Ackerman said...

Love it Irit.

Stamping From The Heart said...

Wow Irit! Another stunning project! Love it!!

Dana Joy said...

Great project Irit.

Unknown said...

Such a nice layout, Irit. The colours are lovely.

Tina Connolly said...

That's so cool!

Anonymous said...

What a cute project with so many wonderful techniques!

Muffins and Lace said...

Love everything you did. Very pretty.

Nightshade said...

Very nice!

Linda D said...

What a very clever project. I like it!

Popular Posts