Wednesday 16 April 2014

Make your own fancy embellishments


This is a tutorial that was born for a sentiment use. Really. I've seen this new IBS sentiment about friends that are like stars and decided to make my own fancy stars to fit this sentiment.
1. Die cut some stars  using a die; I used Sizzix die,  but you are welcome to use any stars dies you own.I made a couple of cuts as I wanted some  doubles for this project





2. Peel the upper glossy paper and add some pearls over the adhesive star surface. Pick your colors or follow mine- the sky is a limit.



3. Sprinkle blue/teal glitter over your embellished with pearls stars. The adhesive is just great for single coverage of glitter in between the pearls. As this adhesive is very tacky, you don't need any sealer over the glitter.



4. The largest star was to big to embellish with pearls as I was almost out of them, so I just added some very delicate fine white glitter and then embellished this star with  just a few single pearls.



5. For the final project I stamped this Friends sentiment and glued the stars with the second adhesive side directly over the card base.





As you can see this technique can be used with any solid die cut shape, such as a bird, a sun, a flower etc. Try it! You can use Dew Drops and pearls or to use the very cheap kids glitter. Just pick your favorite IBS sentiment and find the proper dies to fit it.

No comments:

Popular Posts