Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here again with my easy to make, but fancy ART MAGNETS.
A few years ago I was a polymer clay addict. Then I moved to paper crafting and scrapbooking, but I still remember those dirty nails days and a special oven I kept for polymer clay baking. So when I got this Makin's air dry clay in my DT box I knew that I am going to use it (anyway, I don't need this old oven to bake it as its self drying clay). So here are my lovely and very easy to make magnets made with Ann Butler's delicious stamps: Monograms and Faux Quilting 2'' .
1. Cut a piece of White Makin's air dry clay, make a ball and flatten it with Makin's tool as shown. Try to make it at least 1/4'' thick as we want it to be rigid to use it as a fridge magnet.
2. Pick your favorite cutter, but remember that we are going to use Ann Butler's Monogram stamps, so 2'' letter must fit the cutter size. I picked heart shape as I thought about heART doing this project. Cut the clay and keep the leftovers for the future use (in a good plastic bag and
even two! Remember that this kind of the clay is air dry one!)
This is a shape we are going to stamp over. Make 3 of them for the final project.
3. Now it's a stamping fun time! First stamp the monogram letter from EZ-De's Flourish 2''
ABC'S stamps in the middle of your clay shape.
4. Now stamp around the letter with 2'' cling stamps from 2 sets listed on the bottom .Stamp it three times around the letter for this "like triangle" shape. If you use other shapes it can be less or more of background stamping. Use different patterns over different magnets or combine different stamps over the same magnet. I used the same stamp over each single piece and three different patterns for the whole project.
5. Use a make- up sponge (or any fancy tool you have) to add Ann Butler's Crafter's inks to
your totally dry magnets. Make it a few times to make the more saturated colors.
6. Let the inks dry for a few hours (don't use the heat gun as it may change the shape a bit) and then cover it with a think layer of Glossy Accents or any other glossy coverage.
Here is my final project
Now it's your turn! Get some gorgeous Ann Butler's stamps and inks and make a lot of easy made magnets for yourselves or as small gifts.
Ann Butler's products
2'' Leaves all over Unity
2'' Doily Picnic Unity
Glossy Accents (Ranger), heart shape cutter
See you next month with more ANN BUTLER'S products inspiration.
I add this to Friends with Flair Unity blog