Thursday 9 January 2014

Smell of Lilacs with Inspired by Stamping

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit  is here  with my new scrapbooking page with a story.
I was born and grown up in the former USSR and lilacs were  the very common there. I've seen them on my way to anywhere and the smell was just delicious. I still dream lilacs, but there  are no such here in Israel (I think they need the cool weather ). So last year during our Armenian vacation I found  those flowers of my childhood. The smell, the colors, the texture- everything was so much in my memories. So I began to take photos.  And then asked my DH to take some of mine within t hose lilacs. He said that he is not a good photographer and  it happened to be true. No good photos of me with those lilacs. But then I am a good photographer most of the time and his photos were just great. And then I got this most gorgeous LILACS stamp set from Inspired by Stamping new January release and this lilac page was born.


As the paper pads released  by IBS were a bit late for this post,I decided to make my own patterned paper with Lilacs stamped and colored over the pale   almost solid paper and I really love result.
One single image was colored , cut out and glued over the lower corner.

 Then I stamped birds. There are two different bird stamps in this set and I stamped the smaller over the paper and cut out the  bigger colored one and glued it over the photos near the bird cage.

Then I discovered this beautiful sentiment in the same new set and wanted to add it over my page. But it was with " wishing you" before  " a beautiful...", so I just cut it as seen. 


Then it was the butterflies turn and they were first stamped over the paper and then stamped again, colored, embellished and added for the 3D effect over the first stamped image.
Some other embellishments  were added, a title was made and my Lilacs  will be kept in an album. Is there a way to add some smell to our scrapbooking pages? I would really love the smell my childhood again.


No comments:

Popular Posts