Saturday 27 October 2012

Be Happy tag and a small tutorial

I made this tag as a final project for my monthly tutorial for Inspired by Stamping.
I used Ranger big tag, painters tape, IBS stamps, Wow embossing powder, Tando Creative chipboards, Handmade Halo fabric patch and resin flower and my own handmade beaded flower branch. The background was misted with 3-4 difeerent colorsand then cleaned over the embossed parts.

Use a big tag for this project as a small one has less space for stamping over it. I used Ranger's pre-made tag, but you can do one of a solid cardstock. Tear some random pieces of painters tape (washi will do, but costs more) as shown on the tag.  Then stamp with clear embossing ink totally randomly. I used the square background stamp as I just want a bit of the stamp to be my actual background. If you use smaller stamps it's possible that no stamping at all will be shown later.
Add a lot of light color embossing powder over your stamped background. I used  Pastel Yellow, you can use white, but colored powder gives your stamping more interest. Heat emboss  your tag all over and let it cool. Then take away all tapes (it should be easy, but don't pull too hard as you may damage the cardstock). Now we have a partial stamping all over, not too much, but it was a purpose of this technique.



Now  for the misting part. Pick 2-3 colors you want to use according to your final project colors. I picked this 3 colors, but it's totally up to you.
   


Mist your tag and let it dry for a few minutes (or more, depends on your mists). If you don't have mists you can use distress inks, Gelatos or any other water colors.
You background is done and you can embellish your tag as much  as you want.
I used a fabric fairy sticker (it's not a stamp but printed adhesive fabric). Painted and heat embossed 2 chipboard shapes  and stamped Inspired by Stamping sentiment to fit the bookplate.  The beaded mimosa flowers are my own beaded work, also this was not made for this project, but for my handmade embellishments box. The huge bow was embellished with painted resin flower and my tag was ready and done.





1 comment:

Katherine said...

That is gorgeous Irit - I love the colours and the tamping and the beads.....and the chipboard - beautiful.

Popular Posts