Thursday 19 July 2012

Those who do not travel.... collect stamps


 Those projects were published in SNR May 2012 issue
This is my another  Mixed Media try- I made 4 inches and just made a strip with all of them and added this THOSE WHO NOT TRAVEL.... sentiment.. I mean, they do not travel, so they collect stamps.
I used this Postage stamp set from The Rubber Cafe for this piece.
2 postage stamps were stamped over the Kraft paper, one over clear vellum and the last one over some patterned paper. All were heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.

Then I used 4 chipboard pieces, covered with Kraft paper, stamped a print background from Steampunk stamp set with Clear embossing ink, heat embossed with White embossing powder and inked the edges with the same ink I used for postage stamping.
The black lines are hand drawn with black Zig pen.
Then some twines were tied around and all 4 inchies were glued over the piece of Lily Bee paper.





The sentiment  was made with Authentique stickers and I also inked all paper piece around.
And then, as the Steampunk stamp set was on the table, I made 3 ATC SET too.
This time the same background was covered with different stamps from this set, some stamped over 7 Gypsies tapes, i used staples, recycled twine, some Tim Holtz metal pieces and  old Step and Time felt letters from Prima.
It says Step in Time for the Journey.



2 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Great projects, Irit! I love that you showed us close-up shots so we can see all the beautiful details! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time!

Wee Von said...

What great mixed media art. I'm wanting to jump in too, but still looking at everyone's art getting more ideas. Im mainly card person! Bit u can't beleive how fun this looks

Popular Posts