Wednesday 9 May 2012

We will always have Paris

This tag was published in SNR May 2012 issue
Some of my new addiction: Mixed Media projects, made for no reason. This is my very first Arch, made with this most gorgeous Paris Nights background The Rubber Cafe stamp. I don't  have any premade arches, so I used the tag, a circle cutter and then covered the hole with some Tim Holtz Tape to make it an arch.


 The background was stamped with blue ink and heat embossed with Clear embossing powder. Then I used Tim Holtz Distress stains to color the arch piece, using some water mist too.
An Eiffel Tower was then cut again  from another stamping and I hand cut it to layer the second layer with 3d foam glue.
The clock  from Vintage Treasures stamp set was stamped over another cardstock and cut into 2 non equal pieces, glued then on the arch.
Then I added some film clear tape, made my sentiment (you know, Casablanca movie one), added the felt Prima swirl with Scrap Happy Glue and changed the silver Paris letters to blue with Clear embossing ink and blue embossing powder.The small letters misted look was a mistake (I added some  3d glaze over the letters and used embossing powder before it was dey- but I actually like this look).

The premade words are from Authentique stickers, Letters are from MM old set.
Hope you like my Mixed Media play.
I enter this to Fashionable Stamping challenge - Cities for the world

4 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful work, love all the elements and the colours are stunning. Thanks for joining us at FSC this time
Claire xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous piece of art, great shape. Thanks for joining us on FSC this fortnight.

Meggymay said...

Fantastic piece, love the layering of elements and images. thank you for joining us at FSC this time
Meggymay

Anonymous said...

Hi
A wonderful tag with lots of interest for the eye.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Popular Posts