Wednesday 16 March 2011

Mini album Tutorial

As  a part of Best Creations DT I got lots of fantastic adhesives from their adhesive partner- Helmar USA.. So I have Helmar adhesives to use... And a question now is why I want to be a guest designer on Helmar USA? Not for some free products, but  just because I love those adhesives so much
 and since I have them I use them everywhere:on my altered projects, my scrapbooking pages, my cards.. And I would really love to design something specially for them..
So as we- BC DT girls- have this mini album blog hop showing our one page mini albums and my album is a bit different- I decided to make a full tutorial for the very similar(but of course not a same mini album ) and here it is for all of you who asked me for it in my blog post


1. Cut a piece of 12*12'' glittered cardstock into 3 thirds.

2.Fold the cover piece- your choice-  the way that the front piece will be 4.5'' and your back 7.5''
Using your border punch make a fancy edge on the outer side of the 7.5'' side, fold it as shown.

3.Fold the middle piece  5.5'' the front side and 6.5'' back side.
Make a circle opening in the corner using your 3'' circle punch or die cut it

Insert the middle piece over the cover piece and glue your fancy folded edge over the second piece, but glue it only on the upper and lower corner, using  your Helmar glue , as we want it to be a pocket.


Then glue the lower edge to make another pocket from  your cover and  your second layer.
4. Fold the last paper piece into the half,then fold the right side twice again, as shown.

Glue the right fold to the second (circle window) page as shown.Your mini album- my version- is done
5. Now begin to embellish:glue some chipboard pieces using your Helmar foam dots, add some stickers, add more chipboards and stickers inside. This is your turn to create:as many as your wish, wherevere you wish- but leave some space for some B- day photos to be added later.


If you want to glue a photo to be seen in the circle window- leave this space empty, if not- you can adhere a circle chipboard to be seen in the window, as I did.
6. Punch 2 holes for your binding rings, add ribbons to your rings and your chipboard tag and enjoy your mini album- made in an hour mostly.

Supply list :OK- a very simple one: Cardstock, chipboards, stickers- Best Creations;Adhesives:Helmar USA ;ribbons and rings:my own stash

And now to show you the other mini called 7 in Heaven- with photos- I made for Best Creations blog hop- you may  see more photos in my  hop blog post and a supply list is very similar:




Supply list:
Cardstock, chipboards, stickers:Best Creations;Adhesive:Helmar USA;Letters:Best Cretions,AC; Transparencies:MM;Flowers, butterflies:Prima;rings;Adhesives:Helmar USA; ribbons:my stash
And as it is a GDT for Helmar- I want to share some more projects made with Helmar glue- also those ones are without tutorials, but still I used Helmar glue I got with my Best Creation DT box and her are the results..
And some altered  folded and embellished frame-
Key to my Heart
This one is a kind of MIxed Media art piece,with stamping, distressing, collaging - the frame was made from folded cardstock and combined into a book shape frame and every piece was glued with  Helmar foam dots and liquid 450 Quick Dry  glue.

 And the supply list:Paper:Graphic 45;Metal:Tim Holtz;Die:Sizzix;Paint:Ranger;Ribbon:Ador-it;Adhesive:Helmar USA
I hope Helmar like my work,anyway, as Best Creations are their partner- I am going to use those fantastic glues  over and over.

1 comment:

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

I´m a new follower and loved your mini album.....I´ll hope you don´t mind if I feature it on my blog
hugs from Brazil

Popular Posts