Sunday 6 September 2009

Cry 4 us- my first DT job on AD THIS






THIS LO WAS PUBLISHED AT SCRAPBOOKING COM. DECEMBER 2009 ISSUE
This LO was featured on Card of the week best in scrapbooking blogosphere at 9/8- thanks!!
This LO also won the woodgrain challenge at Cottage studio #15 rumble- thanks!!
And I am also a feautured artist of the week with this LO on PENNY'S challenge blog- thanks!!
This LO was made for my first DT challenge in AD THIS challenge blog
When I've seen this green ad- the first word I thought about was" go green- save the planet"
So this LO was actually for us - people - crying these crocodile tears for our poor mother earth and doing nothing really to save it(as you should know crocodile's tears are fake).
The crocodile photo was taked by my DS and DH on their trip to Brazil.
I used only one piece of pp(I think it was FANCY PANTS- but I am not sure now) on this LO and lots of recicling objects:
the cardboard cut - the real wood pieces- cork- hand cut circle from chipboard I
painted with distress ink from RANGER.
I added small buttons on the trees , cut some olive ribbon for grass, cut some leaves from leftover papers I had and added small watch (who knows were from) for us to remember that we are out of time to save us and our kids.
The chipboard butterflies are from the RAC I got from A TO Z SCRAPLETS blog
and it was painted with RANGER distress stickles with some pearls on
I also added some crystal eyes to paper owl- to watch around and did some journaling about my thoughts on some sticky pad paper I got free on CHA.
I did some deacidation on this LO with archival mist as I do believe in this
" acid free" issue.
I really like this lo as a concept- not as a piece of art.
Cry for us mother earth- as we don't cry for you!!
So now I can add more challenges this LO is good for this week:
Pearls- for PENNY'S CHALLENGES
DARLENA - FROM ETSY SHOP OF MYRDDINPARK'S - this green crying lady was exactly me- so it is for ETSY inspired challenge too
Circles- for ABC
Cut 0uts- I have leaves- for Rubbernecker
Not a card- for CRAFT
Very twisted level of sketch from GET SKETCHY
Being green- for DREAMGIRLS
Use wood - for IN THE COTTAGE STUDIO
OWLS- for RAINBOW LADY
Color inspiration and cork for CINEMA SATURDAY
ולכל חברי בישראל- ההסבר בעברית יגיע בבוקר.

21 comments:

Itzuvit said...

עירית, העבודה פשוט מלאת מחשבה והשראה.
אולם אין פשרה על רמת האומנותיות, מכיוון שיש בה שילוב בין כל חלקי הטבע לכדי אמירה ברורה, ובצורה משגעת ויצירתית!

Sarah said...

Wow this is stunning! I love the butterflies. You are so talented.

Etha said...

Oh I love this layout!! I don't cry for the planet, I do whatever I can to not damage it any further :) I do cry for people who are ignorant and don't care though....
Your layout is so playful, yet with a serious background, cool use of wood too!!

Maureen said...

What a beautiful page! I love the creative way you added the cork...thanks for playing along with us this week :)

~amy~ said...

Wow...what a neat photo to scrap! You've done a fabbie job...thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

Bentov Anat said...

וואו - זה פשוט יפהפה! יש לי משיכה לירוק והדף הזה כל יפה. יש בו המון פרטים קטנים כאלה שרק את בטאצ' המיוחד שלך יודעת לעשות


My new Site
My Blog
Digital Designs Blog

Trimgym said...

Another lovely one Irit, thanks for joining us again at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Mili said...

מהמם. בטירוף. זה דף כל כך מיוחד ועדין ואמירה כל כך חזקה. בקיצור wooow!!! wow! wow!

Penny said...

what an amazing layout! I love the idea of it!

thanks for submitting again!!!

Crafting Queen said...

Great layout, love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge. Anesha

Dawn said...

Stunningly gorgeous - love all the details...

thanks for joining us on ABc

Dawn

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

We have three bins outside, and three inside.
It`s just normal now, and I can`t see myself not recicling when we move. I know it will be more challenging in Israel But I`m sure we will manage! LOL

Loved the page, it`s stunning!

Helen said...

Gorgeous scrap page!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

TexasGrammy said...

What an insightful page! Great LO and colors too. Thanks so much for joining in our Rubbernecker challenge!

~Bev

Claire Phillips said...

A very beautiful page - thanks once again for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Candy said...

Gorgeous, love all the details, thanks for playing along in the Wacky Wednesday challenge!!

Broni said...

WONDERFUL layout for a super great cause!!

de said...

This is amazing! I love your LO so much! Thank you so much for playing along with EtsyInspired this week!

Cheryl said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS layout! Love everything about it, especially your use of pearls here!

Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges, and we hope you enter this week's too!

Rainbow Lady said...

What fabulous creations these are. Love that owl. Thanks for joining my challenges - come back on Thursday for more Love Cynthia x
Would you link your card to my blog next time please - thanks xx

Jeanne Forsyth said...

What a beautiful layout! You really put a lot into this one! Thanks for playing in the Rumble!

Popular Posts